1. CERTIFICATION EXAM FEES
Certified Controls Engineer (CCE), Certified in Engineering Graphics (CEG), Certified Manufacturing Specialist (CMS), Certified Technology Manager (CTM), Certified Technical Professional (CTP) and Microelectro Mechanical Systems Foundation Certification (MFC). Individual exam fees includes certification upon passing the exam. Candidates that have passed a Group Assessment Exam given by an ATMAE accredited institution must apply for ATMAE Certification - See item #4.
- Student Member: exam fee is $30 per exam.
- Non-member Student: exam fee is $55 per exam.
- Professional Member: exam fee is $50 per exam.
- Non-member Professional: exam fee is $150 per exam.
Lean Six Sigma:
- Student or Professional Member: exam fee is $50 per exam.
- Non-member Student: exam fee is $75 per exam.
- Non-member Professional: exam fee is $150 per exam.
Group Assessment Exam Fees (Assessment exam fee does not include certification)
Group of individual student exams with results report for program assessment:
- Lean Six Sigma exam for Groups of 20 or less examinees are $50 per exam.
- MFC, CCE, CEG, CMS, CTM or CTP exams for Groups of 20 or less examinees are $30 per exam.
- All exams for Groups of 20+ examinees are $25 per exam
Exam retake fee for all exams is $25 for students or professionals. Schedule a retake exam
2. CERTIFICATION ELIGIBILITY
Individuals are eligible to be ATMAE certified as determined by passing the relevant ATMAE exam, and meeting the specific criteria below:
Certified Controls Engineer (CCE), Certified Manufacturing Specialist (CMS), Certified Technology Manager (CTM), and Microelectro Mechanical Systems Foundation Certification (MFC)
- The applicant must be in their last year of a technical, technology, technology management or engineering-related 4-year BS or BA degree program, or have a technical, technology, technology management or engineering-related 2-year Associate (AA, AS, AAS) degree, or *Equivalency.
Certified in Engineering Graphics (CEG), and Certified Technical Professional (CTP)
- The applicant must be in their last year of technical, technology, technology management or engineering-related 4-year BS or BA degree program or be in their second year of a technical, technology, technology management or engineering-related 2-year Associate (AA, AS, AAS) degree program, or *Equivalency.
Lean Six Sigma
- The applicant must be in their last year of a technical, technology, technology management or engineering-related 4-year BS or BA degree program, and the applicant is working on or seeking work on lean six sigma projects.
*Equivalency: Equivalent educational qualifications based on formal education and 5 years minimum professional experience may be used to satisfy the above educational eligibility criteria.
3. EXAM PROCTOR POLICY:
Individuals that qualify to proctor ATMAE Certification exams include:
- Faculty teaching in an ATMAE accredited programs, or
- Testing center or staff proctors of an ATMAE accredited institution, or
- A responsible HR personnel or direct supervisor, or
- A senior-level ATMAE certified individual.
An individual requesting an exam proctor authentication must forward a completed ATMAE Exam Proctor Agreement. HR personnel or direct supervisors must also submit a resume with contact details for verification from a valid corporate email to the ATMAE office at email@example.com prior to receiving authorization. The proctor agreement form should be submitted two weeks prior to the scheduled exam date.
EXAM PROCTOR AGREEMENT (pdf)
NEW! ATMAE now provides an online/virtual proctoring service for candidates looking to take the certification exams without a physical proctor. The services is offered by Proctor Free for $10 per exam. Candidates looking to use this service should confirm with Proctor Free at least 48 hours in advance of your scheduled exam date. You may signup for this service at Proctor Free Sign Up
4. CERTIFICATION APPLICATION FEE
As of January 1, 2021 individuals that have paid the exam fee, and passed any ATMAE Certification exam (not given as a group assessment exam) will be certified upon passing their exam. Candidates that have passed a Group Assessment Exam given by an ATMAE accredited institution must apply for ATMAE Certification. The initial certification fee (paid at time of initial application within one year of passing the exam) includes ATMAE membership.
- Student/Graduating Student: $75
- Professional: $150
Annual recertification Fee: (paid annually):
- Students: $50 per certification.
- Professionals: $135 per certification.
Senior Certified Member: No additional fee for transition from initial certification (CCE, CEG, CMS, CTM, or CTP) to senior certification (CSCE, CSEG, CSMS, CSTM, or CSTP). Same annual renewal fees apply.
5. CERTIFICATION RENEWAL POLICIES:
All renewal fees must be paid to maintain a valid ATMAE Certification. Members will receive reminder notices via email for each year's pending ATMAE Certification expiration. ATMAE does not keep payment information on record so members are required to process renewal dues every year via the members' online renewal system.
Renewal Fees (includes ATMAE membership):
- Students: $50 annually
- Professionals: $135 annually
- Retired Professionals: $25 annually
Revocation of Certification for Non-Payment:
Non-payment of fees will result in revocation of certification. Certification status must be continuous throughout the certification period. Certification is revoked if fees are not paid within 60 days of the annual renewal expiration date.
Reinstatement of Certification:
Upon payment of all renewal fees that are due (this includes lapsed years for certification), the certification will be reinstated if the certified member is also in compliance with all other relevant policies, including continuing education policies.
ATMAE reserves the right to treat a request for reinstatement of a lapsed certification as a new application. This is most common when a certification has been lapsed for three years or more and records of the certification are no longer available; in such cases, ATMAE requires the holder of the lapsed certificate to provide documentary evidence of their prior ATMAE Certification, to pay all past due fees, and to comply with continuing education requirements. On an individual basis, the Certification Officer may waive specific policies for good cause.
6. APPEAL/COMPLAINT PROCESS:
The ATMAE Board of Certification coordinates and conducts all activity of the Association regarding professional certification of individual members of the Association. The Board of Certification is an autonomous decision- making body with final authority for all certification policies, procedures, and decisions. Each certification program is represented by an exam commission comprised of subject matter experts from industry and academia. The exam commission evaluates certification exam performance annually, and ensures that candidates are provided the proper study guides and resources that are needed to prepare for the exams. Candidates or certified members should forward appeals or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org for review by the Board of Certification.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
- WHY CERTIFY?
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- APPLY FOR CERTIFICATION
- SCHEDULE GROUP ASSESSMENT EXAMS
- CAREER CENTER
- CONTACT US
- Cart (0 items)
- Return to ATMAE website